The Humanist Society of Victoria Inc (HSV) is a non-profit body, founded in 1961, which seeks to represent the aspirations and interests of humanists in Victoria,
Aims of the Humanist Society of Victoria:
- To help develop a civil society in which each person may reach his or her potential.
- To advocate ethical decision-making and responsibility for one’s actions, based on respect for individual autonomy, peaceful coexistence between peoples of differing ways of life, and maintenance of a sustainable environment.
- To support human rights, civil liberties, secular education and a scientific approach to human problems
The Humanist Society of Victoria meets (in Melbourne normally)
- to hear speakers on Humanist approaches to life and be informed on topics of current interest and importance
- to explore ideas with people of like mind and so develop Humanist policies
- to prepare submissions and lobby on matters of wide community concern
- to organise projects that further Humanist ideals and assist with the welfare of other community members
- to issue a monthly newsletter (Victorian Humanist)
For more information about the Humanist Society of Victoria; including joining information visit its website at http://vichumanist.org.au/